[TN-Bird] Standifer Gap Marsh, access, trespassing

  • From: "David & Gloria Patterson" <dgpatterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:41:08 -0000

According to Mike Lindon, Pastor of the Living Covenant Church, which owns the
Standifer Gap Marsh, the No Trespassing signs which now surround the marsh, do
NOT apply to TOS birders or others interested in studying the wildlife in the
marsh.  He has an interest in nature himself, and showed me his new binocs.

Pastor Lindon posted the signs a few weeks ago when he found a dead crane or
heron which someone had shot right behind the church.  The church is opposed to
all hunting and trapping on the marsh other than their own beaver control
measures.

Birders are welcome on the marsh.  As always, people who enter do so at their
own risk, and should be aware that there are deep holes and poisonous snakes
and other hazzards.  The church is not responsible for any injuries which may
occur on the marsh.  We should also be careful to avoid activities near the
church on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.

A Virginia Rail laughed at me once this afternoon.

David Patterson
Chattanooga, TN