[TN-Bird] Re: Sparrow ID Needed Please

  • From: Ben Britton <benbrdn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "kristybaker@xxxxxxxxxxx" <kristybaker@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Bird List Freelists <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 22:05:55 +0000

It appears to be a swamp sparrow to me.  I have had them in the field behind my
house, just not under my feeders yet.  Good find, and good photos!
Ben BrittonMorristown, TNHamblen Co.

Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2014 00:26:43 +0000
From: kristybaker@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TN-Bird] Sparrow ID Needed Please

Hello,

I noticed this bird late this morning under the feeders.  I initially thought
it was a chipping sparrow, but I haven't seen any of those since last fall.
The bird doesn't look quite right for a chipping sparrow.  The only other bird
I can make it into is a swamp sparrow, but I doubt that is right either.  I
suppose it's ID is obvious, but not to me today!

It is a small bird - smaller than the song sparrow.

http://www.pbase.com/kristybaker/unknown_sparrow

Thanks for your help!

Kristy Baker
Rockvale, TN