[tn-bird] Shorebird Counts in Memphis TN

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, albirds@xxxxxxxxxxx,ARBIRD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, marvdavs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 07:23:33 EDT

Birders,

There are shorebird counts going on from Illinois to Louisiana this weekend
and I hope everyone interested has picked out a place to count. I can put you
in touch with others doing counts here in the Lower Mississippi River Region.

For any of you near Memphis that want to help or for that matter we have a
couple of people driving from across the state to participate, I could use
some more help.

If interested get in touch. Lots of shorebirds so little time.

OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx    cell (901) 487-8521

There will be plenty of time over the two day period to talk shorebird
details and you can help both or any part of the two day count Aug-10,11. You
don't need to know all the species to count, you can help others tally. Get
in touch and I'll tell you the details as to what to expect, what to bring.
We will count at least 4 locations in the Memphis area. I've had Reeve,
Piping Plover and Whimbrel in the last two weeks, 22 species and shorebirds
in the thousands. No charges for LIFERS ;o)

If you can't join us here go birding anyhow............

Good Birding!!!

Jeff R. Wilson
OL' COOT / TLBA
Bartlett Tenn.