[TN-Bird] Sharp-shinned Hawks

  • From: Linda <likebird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TOS <TN-BIRD@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 12:39:48 -0600

This morning I saw an amazing flight of two Sharp-shinned Hawks.  I was
driving down Percy Warner Blvd. in Nashville and looked up and saw the
two rolling and tumbling at high speed then they flew back over the road
touching tallons briefly and rolled some more.  Is that breeding
behavior?  I suddenly realized I had never seen more that one Sharpie at
a time.  Lucky for me, there was no traffic so I didn't have an accident
while watching the birds.  Anybody out there ever see anything like
that?  I often have Sharpies fly thru my yard or buzz my platform
feeder.  They are always just a "blur".
Linda V. Kelly
Nashville, TN