[TN-Bird] Scaup, TVA Lake.

  • From: birdchaserrws <birdchaserrws@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 19:01:07 -0600

2/12/2015
  I stopped by the Allen (fossil) steam plant ash ponds in Memphis,  TN,
around noon today for a refresher course on scaup identification, and found the
lake literally covered in scaup.
  Viewing was a little more difficult than usual with the high winds, but I
counted 5,700 scaup, (90% Lesser, 10% Greater) with a few Redheads, Canvasbacks
mixed in.
  Seemed like a good place for a Tufted Duck to show up, but the one lone
black-back there was a Ring-neck.
  Ruben Stoll, Centerville TN.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless smartphone