[TN-Bird] Redhead Ducks

  • From: "John W. Adams" <jwadams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-Birds" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 20:38:00 -0400

I went to Hart Road today in Carter County.  There were about 70 Redhead Ducks
on a farm pond.  In row of white pines, I heard many Red-winged Blackbirds but,
no photo.

I took photos of the Redheads and there were a few Lessers in pond.  There is
another farm pond down the road but nothing on it.

On the way back, I went across Sycamore Shoals Drive found a Female Pileated
Woodpecker in a tree and, I got a good photo of her.  It has been my goal for a
long time to photograph a Pileated Woodpecker.  It was a dream that came true.

John W. Adams
Elizabethton, TN