[TN-Bird] Radnor Lake almost frozen

  • From: JanKShaw@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 18:00:35 EST

I made a quick trip to Radnor Lake, Nashville, today in search of waterfowl.
The severe cold weather has almost completely frozen the lake.  The ducks,
about 70, were huddled together in the center of the lake where the only open
water was.  Viewing was great from the road, but as I turned to leave, almost
all the ducks got up and flew away.  It was great hearing the whistling of
their wings.  They may be spending the night somewhere else tonight.

Today:
Bufflehead
Ring-necked
Mallard
Black
Canvasback
Gadwall
Wigeon

Radnor Manager, Steve Ward, reported that he had seen 2 Common Goldeneyes at
the lake last week.

Jan Shaw
Nashville, TN