[TN-Bird] Re: Radnor Lake Migrants

  • From: Scott Somershoe <ssomershoe2001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:48:15 -0700 (PDT)

I heard that invasives were removed from Radnor Lake, hence the lack of
understory vegetation.  That explains it.  It'll be interesting to see if much
woody vegetation establishes with the nearly closed canopy (i.e. lack of
sunlight hitting the ground isn't conducive to regeneration of trees and
shrubs) and the high deer population eating anything young and juicy.  Time
will tell I guess.

Scott

State Ornithologist
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency