[tn-bird] Re: RUFF at Rankin!

  • From: K Dean EDWARDS <kde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 10:33:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hey, Don. I was aware your find last year and meant to
mention it in my post but got in a hurry and forgot that
as well.  Didn't mean to slight you all.

Say hi to Michael and Leslie for us.  They are wonderful
hosts and great people.  The things they are trying to do
for Rankin Bottoms are wonderful and should, in my opinion,
have the full support of TOS, TWRA, TNC, TVA, Ducks Unlimited
and everybody else who gives a care.

And you haven't experienced Rankin until you've done it
by canoe or kayak.  I bought my Kowa scope specifically so
I could see shorebirds at Rankin and ducks on Cherokee Lake
and now Amber and I are in the market for a kayak specifically
so we can use it at Rankin (and maybe Ding Darling, Huntington
Beach SP, Cape Romain...).

Just wish my camera and scope would work with each other
so I could have gotten a pic or two.  Just can't seem to get
the hang of it.

Dean Edwards
Knoxville, TN