[TN-Bird] Purple Finch, Hampton, TN & Buffleheads, Erwin, TN

  • From: AHoodedWarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, TN-Bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 21:01:08 EST

I enjoyed a sighting of a male Purple Finch at my feeders in Hampton, Carter
Co., TN, this morning before leaving for work. Purple Finches have been, at
best, erratic visitors at my feeders this past winter. I am also hosting a few
Pine Siskins.
In addition, at a stop at the pond at Fishery Park in Erwin, Unicoi Co., TN,
I saw a pair of Buffleheads. Migrant ducks have definitely begun to make brief
stops at this productive pond.

Bryan Stevens,
Hampton, TN