[TN-Bird] Possible Little Stint at Ensley

  • From: OLCOOT1@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 17:08:27 EDT

Aug. 6, 2005
Ensley Bottoms
Shelby Co. TN

I found a bird early this AM that I had just a few minutes that  certainly
fit the bill for a molting adult Little Stint but may have  to go as a mystery
if I don't get better photos. Unfortunately the sun was  shinning right into my
lens and the shots show some but not all the details I  would like to have. I
think I saw enough to rule out others species especially  Red-necked and
Sanderling. So if you are out and about here in the south take a  good look at
the
"peeps". just thought I come back and look at the photos before  giving it
another try.

Also I had 2 Upland Sandpipers, many Stilt Sandpipers and a  Semipalmated
Plover among the large numbers. I spent 3 hours trying to relocate  the stint
like bird and I'm going back this afternoon to look again. The birds  are
spread
out all over and some areas are hard to see into at best. The mid-day  sun was
getting pretty tough.

I went by the river front and had 4 adult and 2 immature Black Terns along
with the peeps and Black-necked stilts.

Good  Birding!!!

Jeff R. Wilson
OL'COOT / TLBA