[TN-Bird] Pelicans at Dutch Bottoms

  • From: "michael sylva" <mtnsylva@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-bird" <TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 21:59:33 -0500

At about 5:30 today, we observed 6 American White Pelicans in a cove at Dutch
Bottoms  in Cocke County.  The location was between Walters Bridge and Dutch
Bottoms Church on Highway 25E.  We also saw 12 Loons, presumably Common, at
some distance in the river near Taylors Bend.  40 or so sandpipers didn't light
close enough for definite identification.  We happened to be passing through
and didn't have high-powered optics.
An Osprey is building a new nest atop one of the silos.

Vultures Wanted:  A dead horse is lying below the road into the Rankin WMA,
just past the railroad crossing.  The stench is overpowering - where are the
buzzards when you need them?

Michael Sledjeski and Leslie Gibbens
Del Rio TN  Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com