[TN-Bird] Obion County today

  • From: Mark Greene <greenesnake@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 17:26:03 -0800 (PST)

I spent a couple of hours in Obion County today.  I briefly saw the Say's
Phoebe on my third trip through the area - it was in the corn stubble field
again. No sign of the Prairie Falcon or either of the Rough-legged Hawks. The
blackbird flock I saw today was about 1/10 of what was there Friday. Also fewer
Lapland Longspurs and Red-tailed Hawks as well. I did have 2 adult dark-morph
Red-tailed Hawks and 4 Loggerhead Shrikes (2 in Onion County & 2 in Gibson
County). My best bird of the day other than the Say's Phoebe was a Gray Catbird
on E. Middle Trimble Rd in Dyer County. I also had several Sandhills Cranes
scattered around the area and had 2 adult Bald Eagles sitting in a field with
dome Ring-billed Gulls north of the airport.<br/><br/>Stephen Zipperer was up
there looking around today and I also ran into Bob Ford & Rick Light so there
were several birders out looking today. There were hardly any birds along the
road where we had the Spotted Towhee -
href="http://overview.mail.yahoo.com?.src=iOS";><br/><br/>Sent from Yahoo Mail
for iPhone</a>