[TN-Bird] Re: Name and location and Junco

  • From: "Michelle Brown" <mbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-birds" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 10:19:08 -0500

 "Wallace can confirm that I did not write to him and I think Michelle will
tell you I did not "bitch" at
her. Just to set the record straight. I did not "bitch" at anybody so you
can quit sending me your thoughts on the subject."
Jeff R. Wilson
OL' COOT / TLBA
Bartlett Tenn

To set the record straight, NO, Jeff Wilson did not "bitch" at me about
forgetting my name and location.  I mentioned his name only because I did
not realize that the reply was directly from him and thought that each and
everyone of you had received the message as well.  My apologies for the
misunderstanding.

As for birds, I let my dog out for a few minutes yesterday afternoon and
when I went outside to retrieve her she was carrying a junco around in her
mouth.  She immediately dropped the still kicking bird and I examined it
from head to toe.

This junco had a single tick under it's left eye.  Isn't it a bit late in
the year for ticks???  I believe this little guy was sick as well as more
than likely the victim of a predator other than my dog as she normally finds
much larger things to chase like cats, horses and cows.  I wont pretend to
be naive and say she had nothing to do with it considering she was found
with said bird in mouth.

I removed the tick and located a rehabber that could winter the bird until
all of his tail feathers grew in.  Unfortunately all of my efforts were for
not, the little guy died sometime last night.  I suppose he was already
weakened from some other ailment as juncos always seem very alert and on the
ball when it comes to intruders.

Michelle Brown
Blountville, TN