[TN-Bird] NTOS Radnor Walk

  • From: "Jim Arnett" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "jimboa68@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: TN-Bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 12:17:18 -0500

Today's NTOS Wednesday Walk at Radnor Lake was a good one with 16 participants.
The weather was beautiful though a little breezy early on. While our overall
numbers weren’t exceptional, we made up for it with some great sightings. Many
in the group were able to see Yellow-Billed Cuckoo, Yellow-Throated Warbler (on
the ground for a couple of minutes), Canada Warbler, Wilson’s Warbler - and
most exciting - a male Black-Throated Blue Warbler. Total number of species
was 51, with 15 species of warblers observed (all but Tennessee Warbler were
viewed).

Jim Arnett
Davidson

Radnor Lake State Natural Area, Davidson, US-TN
May 13, 2015 7:30 AM - 11:38 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.5 mile(s)
Comments: NTOS Wednesday Walk
51 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose 10
Wood Duck 4
Mallard 2
Wild Turkey 1
Pied-billed Grebe 1
Double-crested Cormorant 1
Great Blue Heron 2
Turkey Vulture 1
Red-tailed Hawk 2
Yellow-billed Cuckoo 1
Chimney Swift 20
Red-bellied Woodpecker 3
Downy Woodpecker 3
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Eastern Wood-Pewee 3
Acadian Flycatcher 2
Least Flycatcher 1
Empidonax sp. 2 A couple of birds which were seen without vocalization.
Eastern Phoebe 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 3
Eastern Kingbird 2
White-eyed Vireo 4
Philadelphia Vireo 1
Red-eyed Vireo 3
Blue Jay 2
American Crow 3
Northern Rough-winged Swallow 5
Barn Swallow 2
Carolina Chickadee 4
Tufted Titmouse 7
Carolina Wren 3
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 6
Cedar Waxwing 15
Louisiana Waterthrush 2
Black-and-white Warbler 1
Tennessee Warbler 1
Kentucky Warbler 1
Common Yellowthroat 2
American Redstart 6
Northern Parula 3
Magnolia Warbler 1
Bay-breasted Warbler 2
Blackpoll Warbler 6
Black-throated Blue Warbler 1 Male. Heard singing weakly then seen
clearly by many in the group.
Yellow-throated Warbler 1
Black-throated Green Warbler 2
Canada Warbler 1
Wilson's Warbler 1
Summer Tanager 1
Northern Cardinal 9
Red-winged Blackbird 1
American Goldfinch 7=================NOTES TO SUBSCRIBER====================
you report were seen. The actual DATE OF OBSERVATION should

Assistant Moderator Chris O'Bryan
Clemson, SC

MAP RESOURCES