[TN-Bird] Murfree Spring Wetland - Warblers & Philly Vireo

  • From: Daniel Estabrooks <hyla514@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 09:27:49 -0700 (PDT)

I dug up a few warblers at the wetland in about an hour of birding at the
wetland yesterday, including my first Cape May and Common Yellowthroat of the
fall, which brings my total for this fall's migration there to 10 species (and
that doesn't yet include Yellow-rumped, which I'm sure will be there in
abundance soon). As I'm always on a very tight schedule and have spent a grand
total of no more than 7 hours there during this migration, I think it's proving
itself to be a pretty underrated place to bird, at least as far as warblers are
concerned.

Anyway, I also found a Philadelphia Vireo, which, crazily enough, is the first
vireo of any kind I've seen at the wetland this fall. (OK, so maybe it's not
such a great place for vireos. LOL...)

My complete eBird list is attached below.

Daniel