[TN-Bird] Mendota Hawk Watch 2003

  • From: RonEHarrin@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,Sheba@xxxxxxxxxx, wesp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:59:18 EDT

Hi Birders:

After the fog and clouds cleared Clinch Mountain around 11:00, EDT, we had a
very productive day at the Mendota Tower. Our best birds included two
beautiful, adult bald eagles and our first peregrine falcon of the season.
Observers
included Bob Quillen, Larry McDaniel, Bob Riggs, and Ron Pendleton. Sue Carter
and her Environmental Research Class from Twin Springs High School were also
present for part of the day.

       9/23/03                            Year-To-Date

BWH     440                               2104
SSH      2                                    15
OS       -                                      6
ABE      2                                    4
RSH      -                                     1
CO        1                                    6
AK        6                                    11
NH        2                                     4
Merlin    -                                     2
PF        1                                     1

Hawk Watching: Catch the Fever

Ron Harrington
Bristol, VA