[TN-Bird] Mallard lays eggs on deck of float boat at South Holston Lake

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 22:44:03 -0400

Mallard nest with 3 eggs on float boat 13 April 2015.jpg

South Holston Lake

Sullivan Co., TN

When Nancy McPeak and I were making ready our boat to go birding

on the lake today, a Mallard hen flushed from the back floor where it

had built a nest using the rope tied to an anchor. She had evidently

wrapped the rope around and around to make the nest bowl. She

usually lays an egg a day up to about 13 eggs or so. If that is the case,

she laid the first of three eggs Saturday.

Wallace Coffey

Bristol, TN

JPEG image