[TN-Bird] Re: Mallard lays eggs on deck of float boat at South Holston Lake

  • From: "Kaye M. Fiorello" <kfio1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>, "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 21:56:49 -0400

if you have more photos....you might want to enter the "funky nests" challenge
by Cornell:
http://celebrateurbanbirds.org/community/challenges/funky-nests-2015/

Kaye Fiorello
Bradley County

From: jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx
To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TN-Bird] Mallard lays eggs on deck of float boat at South Holston
Lake
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 22:44:03 -0400

South Holston LakeSullivan Co., TN13 April 2015 When Nancy McPeak and I were
making ready our boat to go birdingon the lake today, a Mallard hen flushed
from the back floor where ithad built a nest using the rope tied to an anchor.
She had evidentlywrapped the rope around and around to make the nest bowl.
Sheusually lays an egg a day up to about 13 eggs or so. If that is the
case,she laid the first of three eggs Saturday. Wallace CoffeyBristol, TN

JPEG image