[TN-Bird] Loggerhead Shrike in New Market

  • From: Mark Labig <marklabig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 21:21:27 -0500

The Loggerhead Shrike in New Market has become a constant on our morning
weekend commute to Knoxville from Jefferson City. He has been so reliably
perched at his spot that our family has taken to naming him "Sheldon" (the
shrike). My wife and 2-year old son even keep eyes peeled as we approach
the traffic light in New Market. For those interested, the shrike is
typically perched atop the brushy tangles and small trees along the fence
line on the westbound side of 11-E about 200-400 meters east of the traffic
light.

Mark Labig
Jefferson City