[TN-Bird] KTOS Field Trip 2/14/06

  • From: "Dan and Laurie Mooney" <birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TNBIRDS" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 07:28:02 -0500

For those folks planning to participate in tomorrows KTOS field trip to Seven
Islands, Mossy Creek and Cherokee Dam, please remember to be prepared for the
weather.
The plan is to walk just far enough at Seven Islands to see the eagle nest
(less than a half mile each way on a mostly flat paved road).  We should be
able to see song, field, and white-throated sparrows.  There is a good chance
for white-crowned and fox sparrow in that stretch as well.  Woodland birds are
also possible.

At Mossy Creek we will walk a short paved trail to an overlook.   Several
dabbling duck species are possible along with some sparrows and woodland
species.

At Cherokee Dam we will scope the lake for waterfowl and check below the dam
for gulls and herons.

ALL THE PLACES WE WILL VISIT ARE WHEELCHAIR COMPATIBLE!!

Hope to see you at the Cracker Barrel on Strawplains Pike at 7:30am.

Dan Mooney
Knoxville TN