[TN-Bird] KTOS Field Trip

  • From: Harold Howell <howellh2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:19:41 -0500

The Knoxville chapter of the Tennessee Ornithological Society will will
sponsor a field trip on Saturday, April 2, 2005 as follows:

Saturday, April 2, 2005, 8:00 A.M.

Norris Dam Songbird Trail and River Bluff Trail

Leader:  Allan Trently (865-494-2830 h; ajtcorax@xxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:ajtcorax@xxxxxxxxxxx> )

Meet at 8:00 a.m. at the restroom parking lot on US 441 immediately before
crossing the dam.  We will walk the Songbird trail below the dam along the
river looking for early migrants and resident species.  Later we will cross
the dam and walk the River Bluff Trail, checking the spring wild flowers as
well as the birds.  The Songbird Trail will be easy walking, but the River
Bluff Trail will be more strenuous.  Good walking shoes and water are
required.  You may also wish to bring a picnic lunch.  We should finish in
the early afternoon.

Members and non-members alike are invited to attend.

Best regards,

Harold Howell
KTOS Field Trip Coordinator
Rutledge, Grainger County, TN