[TN-Bird] Gull book being recalled

  • From: "Carole Gobert" <cpgobert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:30:09 -0400

As I spend part of the year in New Jersey (all right, 2 weeks), I have also
begun subscribing to Jersey Birds.  There was a posting this morning
concerning a book some of you may have purchased: Gulls of North America,
Europe and Asia by Klaus Malling Olsen and Hans Larsson.  The book is being
recalled by the publisher due to numerous mistakes contained in it (not the
authors' fault apparently) such as mislabeled photos, etc.

There is a link given to Princeton University Press.  If you go there, you
will learn in part that "The publication of this book has been postponed.
There were quality issues with the first printing which has resulted in our
recalling the book. A revised and corrected edition is being planned for
publication Summer/Fall 2004....In the event you have already purchased this
book, you will be able to return it for a full refund."

For more information, the link is:

http://pup.princeton.edu/titles/7362.html

Carole Gobert
Knoxville, Knox County, Tennessee