[TN-Bird] Goldenwing Mountain- Campbell County

  • From: Bates Estabrooks <wgpu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 May 2015 05:52:22 -0400

Echoing Robin Barrow's post, I visited Goldenwing Mountain yesterday late in
the morning. The "dawn chorus" continued well into the day and was
overwhelming. I'm sure I missed several species in my eBird report due to my
poor ear-birding skills.
If anyone fancies themselves a skilled "audio-birder", I would be glad to send
them a .wav file of what I heard when I stepped out of the car, and they can
enlighten me. :-)

Goldenwing mountain continues to be a real warbler hotspot; 14 species reported
since eBird report started April 23:
http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspot/L3537673?yr=all&m=&rank=mrec&hs_sortBy=taxon_order&hs_o=asc
This morning would be a great time to visit!
Bates EstabrooksAnderson County