[TN-Bird] G. Egret & Teal: Blount Co

  • From: Tracey Muise <traceson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Bird <TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 04:58:01 -0700 (PDT)

Yesterday on my way home from work, I had a "big"
surprise at the cow pond I pass regularly on Montvale
Road (on the left as you leave town, just outside the
Maryville city limits).  Usually this pond hosts
mallards and Canada Geese with an occasional
ring-necked duck, great blue heron or green heron.
Yesterday, though a GREAT EGRET was perched on the
tree.  When I pulled over to verify that it was a
great egret and not a snowy, I saw two ducks with
distinctive white "hip" patches--BLUE WINGED TEAL.

I called Charlie and told him to check out the pond on
his way home.  An hour later he also saw the birds.

Tracey Muise
Blount County

Tracey Muise

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get
better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss from The Lorax