[TN-Bird] Fwd: Re: Hummingbird Question and Another

  • From: Bates Estabrooks <bldg9212@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TNBirdPost <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:06:59 -0700 (PDT)

TN Birders,

This response to my original hummingbird question was very informative.

Bates Estabrooks
From: RubyThroat@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:44:18 EDT
Subject: Re: [TN-Bird] Hummingbird Question and Another

Good Morning Sir
This is Bob Sargent in Alabama.  Please leave at least one feeder up all
winter.  Tennessee has had Rufous, Allen's, Anna's Calliope, Broad-tailed,
Black-chinned that have wintered there.  My wife Martha and I have banded,
documented and studied these wintering hummers there for over a dozen years.
Current research on these western species is being done by your Chris Sloan,
Portia McMillan, Sandy Bevins and their associates.

If I can assist with info on hummers, please feel free to contact me.  If you
would like info on Ruby-throated and our work with hummers, please send me any
postal mailing address.  It is free info.

Good luck and God Bless.
Bob Sargent