[TN-Bird] Fwd: [ALBIRDS] Dauphin Island Wetlands

  • From: HagieCas@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 10:50:29 EST

In a message dated 1/25/2007 9:37:53 A.M. Central Standard Time,
eugeniacarey@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi All,
We just received a letter from the Town Of Dauphin Island  informing us that
single family residences ...how many was not stated... are  proposed to be
built on the wetlands at 721-723 Cadillac. This is the wetland  area between
the
Shell Mounds and the Goat Tree. Any of us who have birded DI  for any length
of time know what a great area this is. This is the only place  on the Island
proper that I have seen a Groove-billed Ani!
There is a Town  meeting February 13 and the Dauphin Island Panning
Commission has paced this  item on the agenda.
The wetlands have already been disturbed and red  dirt/clay has been used to
prepare driveways. The swale has been lined with  what I think is a man-made
chemical product. If a notification of intent was  issued, I did not see it.
The letter we just received was sent to property  owners who live within 500
feet of the affected area.
I know this might be  against the rules or codes of this website, but I
thought the birding  community would be interested in knowing about our loss of

micro-habitat.
The notice to owners in the neighborhood welcomed mail, fax,  and email
communications

Town of Dauphin Island
Attn: Planning  Commission
1011 Bienville Blvd.
Dauphin Island, Al 36528
251-861-5525  ex 25
251-861-2154 fax
_ndavidson@townofdaundavidson@tnda_
(mailto:ndavidson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

May you bins be filled with lifers!
Eugenia

_eugeniacarey@eugeniacare_ (mailto:eugeniacarey@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Eugenia  Carey
Dauphin Island, Al

[Non-text portions of this message have  been removed]

__._,_.___
_Messages  in this topic _
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/albirds/message/7034;_ylc=X3oDMTMzanVhZ2Q0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQwMTExOARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjU3
ODcEbXNnSWQDNzAzNARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzExNjk3MzkyNzEEdHBjSWQDNzAzNA
--) (1) _Reply (via web post) _
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/albirds/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJvNXI0cW11BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQwMTExOARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjU3ODc
EbXNnSWQDNzAzNARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNycGx5BHN0aW1lAzExNjk3MzkyNzE-?act=reply&messag
eNum=7034) | _Start  a new topic _
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/albirds/post;_ylc=X3oDMTJkbDlyNDVhBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQwMTExOARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjU3
ODcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDbnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMTY5NzM5Mjcx)
_Messages_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/albirds/messages;_ylc=X3oDMTJkNDdmY2FmBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQwMTExOARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjU3ODcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsD
bXNncwRzdGltZQMxMTY5NzM5Mjcx)   | _Files_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/albirds/files;_ylc=X3oDMTJlazFmMGF0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQwMTExOARncnBzcElkAzE3
MDUwNjU3ODcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDZmlsZXMEc3RpbWUDMTE2OTczOTI3MQ--)   | _Photos_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/albirds/photos;_ylc=X3oDMTJkdXRlZW90BF9TAzk3MzU5Nz
E0BGdycElkAzQwMTExOARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjU3ODcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDcGhvdARzdGltZQMx
MTY5NzM5Mjcx)   | _Links_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/albirds/links;_ylc=X3oDMTJlaGdsYWU0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQwMTExOARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjU3ODcEc2Vj
A2Z0cgRzbGsDbGlua3MEc3RpbWUDMTE2OTczOTI3MQ--)   | _Database_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/albirds/database;_ylc=X3oDMTJiM242M2MyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAz
QwMTExOARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjU3ODcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDZGIEc3RpbWUDMTE2OTczOTI3MQ--
)   | _Polls_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/albirds/polls;_ylc=X3oDMTJlZ2Rlc2NtBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQwMTExOARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjU3ODcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsD
cG9sbHMEc3RpbWUDMTE2OTczOTI3MQ--)
IMPORTANT  ADDRESSES:
Post message: albirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subscribe:  albirds-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AOS website:  _http://www.bham.net/aos_ (http://www.bham.net/aos)

This list is  sponsored by the Alabama
Ornithological Society (AOS) and is provided
as a service to the birding community.  AOS
does not endorse the  views or opinions expressed
by the members of this discussion group.   Nor
does AOS support or endorse the advertising
provided by the OneList  list service.

_Change  settings via the Web_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/albirds/join;_ylc=X3oDMTJlY3ZraDQ0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQwMTExOARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjU3ODcE
c2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDc3RuZ3MEc3RpbWUDMTE2OTczOTI3MQ--)  (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email:  _Switch  delivery to Daily Digest_
(mailto:albirds-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Email Delivery: Digest)  |
_Switch  format to
Traditional_ (mailto:albirds-traditional@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Change
Delivery Format: Traditional)
_Visit  Your Group _
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/albirds;_ylc=X3oDMTJjZDNqb2hiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQwMTExOARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjU3ODcEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGs
DaHBmBHN0aW1lAzExNjk3MzkyNzE-) | _Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use _
(http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/) | _Unsubscribe  _

Recent Activity
    *    2
_New  Members_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/albirds/members;_ylc=X3oDMTJlc2s2MDFxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQwMTExOARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjU3ODcEc2VjA3Z0bARzb
GsDdm1icnMEc3RpbWUDMTE2OTczOTI3MQ--)
    *    1
_New  Photos_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/albirds/spnew;_ylc=X3oDMTJlaHQzbzRnBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQwMTExOARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjU3ODcEc2VjA3Z0bARzbGsD
dnBob3QEc3RpbWUDMTE2OTczOTI3MQ--)

_Visit  Your Group _
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/albirds;_ylc=X3oDMTJka3FkdmlxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzQwMTExOARncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjU3ODcEc2VjA3Z0bARzbGs
DdmdocARzdGltZQMxMTY5NzM5Mjcx)

    *   _Birding  binoculars_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJiY2wwZG5lBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzEEZ3JwSWQDNDAxMTE4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2NTc4NwRzZWMDc2x
tb2QEc3RpbWUDMTE2OTczOTI3MQ--?t=ms&k=Birding+binoculars&w1=Birding+binoculars&
w2=Birding+binoculars&w3=Birding&w4=Birding+tour&w5=Birding+scope&c=5&s=98&g=2
&.sig=JebwjaMLZgRcFiAPIdVNyw)
    *   _Birding  binoculars_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJiOTJmZGpjBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzIEZ3JwSWQDNDAxMTE4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2NTc4NwRzZWMDc2x
tb2QEc3RpbWUDMTE2OTczOTI3MQ--?t=ms&k=Birding+binoculars&w1=Birding+binoculars&
w2=Birding+binoculars&w3=Birding&w4=Birding+tour&w5=Birding+scope&c=5&s=98&g=2
&.sig=JebwjaMLZgRcFiAPIdVNyw)
    *   _Birding_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJibmQ2czYxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzMEZ3JwSWQDNDAxMTE4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2NTc4NwRzZWMDc2xtb2QEc3RpbWU
DMTE2OTczOTI3MQ--?t=ms&k=Birding&w1=Birding+binoculars&w2=Birding+binoculars&w
3=Birding&w4=Birding+tour&w5=Birding+scope&c=5&s=98&g=2&.sig=w0PWILaI06fOP6ERp
Q93sw)
    *   _Birding  tour_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJiY2NkNm01BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzQEZ3JwSWQDNDAxMTE4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2NTc4NwRzZWMDc2xtb2QEc
3RpbWUDMTE2OTczOTI3MQ--?t=ms&k=Birding+tour&w1=Birding+binoculars&w2=Birding+b
inoculars&w3=Birding&w4=Birding+tour&w5=Birding+scope&c=5&s=98&g=2&.sig=VCtWMQ
DtM23i0EXqo07PUw)
    *   _Birding  scope_
(http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJiY2N0a2YwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzUEZ3JwSWQDNDAxMTE4BGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2NTc4NwRzZWMDc2xtb2QE
c3RpbWUDMTE2OTczOTI3MQ--?t=ms&k=Birding+scope&w1=Birding+binoculars&w2=Birding
+binoculars&w3=Birding&w4=Birding+tour&w5=Birding+scope&c=5&s=98&g=2&.sig=sI_7
Kez4YxEhHejf09TYtQ)

Yahoo! TV
_Play  the Intern Game_
(http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12ilf2f07/M=493064.9803235.10510228.8674578/D=groups/S=1705065787:NC/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1169746471/A=4299916/R