[TN-Bird] Finally! Eurasian Collared Doves in Crossville, Cumberland Co., Dec. 12 2013

  • From: "Ed Legrand" <elegrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 19:09:12 -0600

I found 6 Eurasian Collared Doves this morning in Crossville near the main
drag (Rt. 127 across the road from McDonalds'-actually at the back of the
restaurant where we hold our compilation dinners). It's been a long time in
coming, and they're my first for Cumberland Co., though I know of two other
records north of town. In the past few months, I'd gotten a couple of
glimpses of birds I'd wondered about while I was in traffic. I couldn't find
any of the doves later in the day today though. Hope we can get them on our
upcoming CBC.

Ed LeGrand

Crossville, Cumberland Co., TN