[TN-Bird] Re: Ferruginous Hawk ID update; Perry county

  • From: Michael Todd <birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oeserscave@xxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 19:22:40 -0700 (PDT)

Ken,

Thanks for sharing these photos. By the back and tail, this Krider(ish)
Red-tail
does look to be the same hawk seen/photographed early yesterday morning, and
the
best that I could tell, the same bird that was originally seen and thought to
be
a Ferruginous. Birds like this are much less frequent in middle and east TN
than
over here in west TN, and has been a good exercise. Some of the field marks
don't really jive with what was reported, which just goes to show how tricky
they can be, particuarly the leg feathering. Once again, if someone does
photograph a good Ferruginous there......

Good birding!!

Mike Todd
McKenzie, TN
birder1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx