[TN-Bird] Ensly Bottoms Sunday and Monday

  • From: "Tommie Rogers" <sundragon1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 14:10:23 -0400

David Chaffin and I birded the shorebird habitat looking for Red Knot
Sunday. We were successful in seeing the state bird for David on Sunday.
We went back the following morning to see if Red Knot was still present. In
place of Red Knot we added a photo bug to our Shelby county list for the
day.

Rob Hardin was birding there also on Monday and helped us locate a remaining
Lark Sparrow in fields behind the shorebird ponds. Rob said he had seen
Stilt Sandpiper on Monday but we were not able to find it. We saw the Knot
on Monday in another pond near the front of the complex but could not find
it again to show it to birders who had never seen one.

Tommie Rogers
Chattanooga, TN