[tn-bird] Eagle and Redstart

  • From: "{USER_FIRSTNAME} {USER_LASTNAME}" <dmoon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-birds" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 21:51:02 -0500

We had migrants flying over and passing through the yard all day today.  Early
this morning we had an adult bald eagle fly over heading up the Holston River
and this afternoon we had a redstart stop by the creek for a bath.  Waxwings,
gnatcatchers, and purple finches also passed through the yard while an osprey,
kingfishers and wood ducks made appearances on or over the island across the
street.  We also had some turkeys clucking in the woods south of the house, but
they remained out of sight.  The total specie count for the day was 41, not bad
 for a day at home.

Dan Mooney
Knoxville