[tn-bird] Re: DDT NOT BAD, ENVIRONMENTALISTS BAD

  • From: Charlie <cmmbirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 16:04:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Folks,

I'm behind, as usual, in reading email.  Just read some of these
posts.  Tell me again why basic biology is not understood by all
people, when it is required to graduate in most places?  I mean, the
world is round, right?

Here is a copy of what I sent the Congressman quoted.  Perhaps you'll
get a chuckle.

Charlie

ps - I'm in Brevard, NC, teaching a class right now.  Saw over 200
nighthawks night before last, all flying in the same direction.

Dear Congressman Fair,

I wanted to write to you to alert you to this article that was
recently attributed to you.  Certainly a US congressman would be more
informed about a topic such as this before writing such ridiculous
statements, and therefore I must assume that someone is slandering
your good name.

Obviously, if DDT would "will eradicate mosquito-borne illnesses like
malaria and the West Nile Virus", then it would have done so in the
years that it was, sadly, legal in this country.  Indeed, the
countries we currently sell it to are not rid of such problems, so
that statement is illogical.

I hope that my bringing this silly article to your attention helps
you to clear your name.

Sincerely,
Charles Muise
Townsend, TN
cmmbirds@xxxxxxxxx

=====
Charlie Muise, Senior Naturalist
Great Smoky Mountains Institute at Tremont
Townsend, TN  lat 35 deg, 38'23"  long 83 deg, 41'22"

"Do something. If it works, do it again. If it does not work, do something
else. But above all else: Do Something." (Franklin Delano Roosevelt)