[TN-Bird] Re: Cove Lake - Brown-headed Nuthatch

  • From: "Ron Hoff" <aves7000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rknight8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Charles Nicholson" <cpnicholson53@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 10:40:59 -0500

TN-birders,

I just looked up Oby Blevins Road in Fentress County and it appears to be
slightly further north (about 5 minutes latitude, placing the sighting at the
very beginning of that road, since I don’t know where the nesting record was)
than the Brown-headed Nuthatches that are currently at Cove Lake. These little
cuties seem to be continually working their way northward. Not sure why. Maybe
the availability of pine habitat or global warming???

Great birding,
Ron Hoff
Clinton, TN