[tn-bird] Re: Common birds in our yard right now

  • From: John Devereux Joslin <jdjoslin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 09:07:38 -0400

The decline in both bluebirds and chickadees suggests a lack of ideal
nesting
cavities.  As I am sure you are aware, both species require cavities, so
maybe
some new bird houses with right-sized holes along your fence rows is
needed?  Both species like to use the same sized bird houses for
nesting.  Or maybe some other species is competing with them for their
nest holes?  Forgive me if I am stating the obvious.

Dev Joslin
Oak Ridge, TN