[TN-Bird] Cocke County Trumpeter (TUNDRA) Swan review

  • From: Whoopinwiller@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 00:23:08 EST

25 MAR 03
Blountville, TN
Rack Cross

After reviewing field guides, newsletters, handbooks and video (it seems the
only thing missing is DNA evidence) the identity of the reported Trumpeter
Swan is in the balance. The swing is in favor of a TUNDRA SWAN based upon
facial plumage angles.
Now, I must rest my strained eyes and tired brain albeit with a thankful
heart for having viewed such a natural spectacle with a confusing genus.

'Til we bird again

Rack Cross
Blountville, TN