[TN-Bird] Christmas count

  • From: "Ruth Luckado" <luck@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 12:49:55 -0600

The Highland Rim Chapter of TOS will do it's Christmas count on Monday 19Dec11.
 Our circle of coverage has it's center at the middle of Morris Ferry
Bridge--Wood's Reservoir, Franklin County. Part of the territory is within the
confines of Arnold Engineering Development Center, and is covered, along with
part of the lake, by John Lamb, Dale Swant, and others that work there. (since
911, it has been closed to the general population.)

However, we are short of help in two "pies" of the circle this year.  If any
TOS members in the Middle  Tennessee area or elsewhere could join us, we would
greatly appreciate it---it's an interesting birding area with waterfowl,
raptors, ( including Bald Eagle) songbirds, waders---the Sandhill Cranes are
in, and Rusty Blackbirds dropped by this week---plus we always have a few
surprises.

So if you like a day of good birding, and have the time, come join us.  For
directions and other info., contact louannpartington@xxxxxxxxx

"Y'all" come. We'd love to have you.
Ruth Luckado
Tullahoma