[TN-Bird] Chattanooga TOS Field Trip

  • From: ATBakpakr@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:42:15 EST

Clyde Blum organized and led a two + day field trip to the Florida panhandle
this past weekend.  It was sponsored by the Chattanooga TOS.

We hit the Sumatra Sparrow fields, Alligator Point, Bald Point, St. Marks,
and Waukulla Springs.

Because of the snow and icy conditions in Chattanooga on Thursday afternoon
and evening only three individuals made it down there. My husband , Charles,
and I had a fantastic trip, with me getting two lifers and 38 Florida birds.
I believe Clyde got eight Florida birds.

The highlights for me were:
   unbelievable long views of two outstandingly beautiful  Henslow Sparrows
   a female Red-cockaded Woodpecker
   and many, many short looks at about three Nelson's Sharp-tailed Sparrows

It was a teriffic trip.

Carol Fegarido
Apison, TN