[TN-Bird] Boat Docks Birdwatching in Hamblen County & Grainger County while Looking for" Great Blue Herons and There Nests".

  • From: "Shane" <tshane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:31:56 -0500

Birders:( BoatDocks Birdwatching in Hamblen County & Grainger County while
Looking for "" Great Blue Herons and There Nest "" )

Today on the last day in Feb. 28, 2006 Shane and my brother Dennis Adams did
some birdwatching at boatdocks in Hamblen County and Grainger County. I did not
see or could not find any Great Blue Herons and there nests around the Cherokee
Lake inlcluding the Evergreen Cove Boat Dock and the Cove beside the Kidwell
Ridge Church and Panther Creek State Park but we did see plenty of good birds
and here is a list of birds we saw today they are:

7 Pied Billed Grebe ( around the Hamblen County Boat Docks in the Cherokee
State Park )

About 12  Black Vultures ( the same location )

About 200+ Ring-billed Gulls ( the same location including on the Grainger
County Boat Dock in Grainger County on the left 25E flying above the lake
looking for food and sitting on the Boat Dock )

White-Throated Sparrows  ( on the NorthEast of the Panther Creek State Park on
the left of the Kidwell Ridge Church )

Turkey Vultures with Black Vultures ( Circling looking for food at the both
locations in Hamblen & Grainger Counties )

I will keep looking for any active Great Blue Herons Nest and the Great Blue
Herons this is good weather start looking for them and lots of birds.

Shane Adams
East of Hamblen County
Morristown, TN. 37813