[TN-Bird] Blount Co Birds

  • From: "tom howe" <tomandamy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 18:04:31 -0400

Tom Howe
Blount Co.
April 2, 2005

A blustery day today along the TN River in Louisville kicked up some
good birds. At Louisville Pt Park I observed a CASPIAN TERN in beautiful
plumage fly across the road from the Marina to the river, c. 3pm. There
were hundreds of swallows everywhere over the water-tree and barn. One
DOUBLE-CR CORMORANT was in the water on the Marina side. Down the road
at Scenic Point an adult BALD EAGLE was seen feeding on a fish in its
talons while in flight. Nearly a dozen BLUE-WINGED TEAL were in the
ponds around Phelps' farm. No shorebirds other than killdeer were found,
as most of the ponds were flooded. This brings my Blount total to 112.
Last Saturday, March 26, I had LOUISIANA and NORTHERN WATERTHRUSHES in
the Smokies, and another Northern in my back yard.

Good Birding!
Tom
Tomandamy@xxxxxxxxx