[TN-Bird] Bittern in McMinn County

  • From: Ryan Kamp <lewa_green@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tn-birds <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 12:58:48 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings Tn-Birders,

Yesterday, after getting a phone call alerting me to its presence, I found an
American Bittern, along County Road 608, in Athens, McMinn County. It was
skulking around a small grassy, marshy area, and was very cooperative in
letting us get good looks. For pictures, and a much more interesting read than
this e-mail, I posted about it in my blog (link below).

Ryan Trenkamp
Niota, McMinn County
http://easttennesseebirding.wordpress.com/

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to
remain silent."
- Thomas Jefferson