[TN-Bird] Birds feeding in the snow

  • From: Dthomp2669@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 12:23:07 EST

It has been a nice, snowy morning here in the Charlotte Park section of  West
Nashville.  The food scattered on the snow-covered deck attracted many  birds
including my one adorable song sparrow.  The most comical sight of  the
morning was when my mockingbirds went for the peanut butter that I've been
putting
on the arm of an old deck chair just outside my French doors.  The  chair arm
was covered with ice from the earlier sleet and rain, and the  mockingbirds
remained undeterred as they slipped and slid on the icy path to  their desired
food.  They managed, and they gorged greedily!  The fun  is almost over,
however, as melt down has begun.

Dee Thompson
Nashville, TN

Awards. Go to AOL Music.