[TN-Bird] Bird Walks at Obed WSR and Big South Fork

  • From: Charles Nicholson <cpnicholson53@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 20:43:17 -0400

[Pardon me if this gets posted twice - it did not show up in my email after
I first posted it.]

Please join me and National Park staff for two upcoming bird walks:

Saturday, May 4 - Obed Wild and Scenic River bird walk.  Meet at the Lilly
Bridge parking area at 8 AM EDT.  We'll bird along the river for a while
and then along the Lilly Bluff Overlook trail.  Lilly Bridge is in Morgan
County about 10 miles west of Wartburg via TN 62 and Ridge Road.  See the
park website at http://www.nps.gov/obed/index.htm for more information.

Saturday, May 11 - Big South Fork National River Recreation Area bird
walk.  Meet at the Bandy Creek Visitor Center at 8 AM EDT.  We'll bird an
easy upland trail around the visitor center area and then work a portion of
the John Litton Farm Loop Trail to explore some streamside and gorge
habitats.  See http://www.nps.gov/biso/index.htm for more information.

Chuck Nicholson
Norris, TN