[TN-Bird] Re: Bell's Bend

  • From: Dthomp2669@xxxxxxx
  • To: comeback@xxxxxxxx, tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:19:50 EDT

Bell's Bend is the last loop the Cumberland River makes in western Davidson
County (Metro Nashville) before it makes its way into Cheatham County to the
northwest.  You get down into Bell's Bend by taking a left on Old Hickory
Boulevard off of Hwy 12 when proceeding from the Bordeaux area of Nashville to
Ashland City, TN.  A small community called Scottsboro is on the OLD Hwy 12
where
it crosses Old Hickory as it runs parallel to the "new and improved" (that
means four laned) Hwy. 12.

We used to get across on the old Cleece's Ferry, but the Metro Nashville
Council killed the ferry several years ago which, for me, turned a 1 mile or
less
trip into about 15 miles or more.  How I wish they'd bring our ferry
back...even if they charged for it which they didn't before.

Dee Thompson
Nashville