[TN-Bird] Are Bald Eagles next?

  • From: Cynthia Routledge <routledges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tn Bird <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 17:28:18 -0500

Dear Listers:
It ain't over till it's over, however the proverbial "fat lady is about to
sing"!!
Attached is a link to a 10,000 Bird's blog post by Julie Zickefoose.
http://10000birds.com/open-season-on-bald-eagles.htm
Contained within said post is an appeal to her readers to comment on the USFWS
portal and oppose the hunting of SACR in KY.   But she's taken a slightly
different twist this time.  Julie has used Kentucky Fish and Wildlife's own
reasons and rationale for proposing this hunt.  Only she applies it to another
high profile species to show just how ludicrous and irrational this whole
proposal is.
I hope you take a minute to read her blog...but MORE importantly I hope you
take a minute to follow the specific step-by-step instructions she's provided
and MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD...you have till this FRIDAY, AUGUST 5, 2011 to make a
comment.  Do it for the Cranes...do it for future generations of wildlife
watchers...do it to show those at USFWS that YOUR opinion matters.  Whatever
your reason...PLEASE just do it today.

Thanks.
Cyndi Routledge