[TN-Bird] Aplomado Falcon Pair

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "tanager5556@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 11:14:20 -0400

Back in February of this year I was in Texas in the Lower Rio Grande Valley.
My wife and I saw some great birds including the elusive Hook-billed Kite a
Tropical Parula, Audobon's Oriole and many others.  I wanted to get some
pictures of Aplomado Falcons and after some research we finally found a
location that seemed promising.  We were not disappointed and found a Pair of
the Falcons.  I got some great images and some good looks at these beautiful
birds.  I do highly recommend a visit to the LRGV.  I just recenetly found out
that one of my Aplomdo Falcon  images was going to be published in the October
issue of the ABA magazine "Birder's Guide" that has just come out online.  The
photo appears as a two page spread on pages 40-41 if you are paging  through
the online magazine or if you are loking at the actual page numbers at the
bottom of each page it is pages 34,35. The image of of a pair of falcons in a
tree.  The article which I did not write is regarding Aplomado Falcons and may
be on interest to some.  I am including the link to the Magazine.  Great
birding everyone!

http://bg.aba.org/t/71010

J Marty Paige
Cleveland, TN