[TN-Bird] Re: Amer. Bird Conservancy petitions for regulation of Wind Energy

  • From: "Dick Preston" <dickpreston@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <devjoslin@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <viclcsw@xxxxxxx>, "Tennessee Bird listserve" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 18:37:35 -0600

Just a note for all:

The Tennessee Ornithological Society is a signatory on the petition, and we
sent additional letters to the Secretary of the Interior and the Director of
the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service supporting alternative energy sources and
judicious, but mandatory, regulation of the wind energy industry. Particularly
crucial is the siting of wind farms (turbines), hours of operation and weather
conditions during operation.

Thanks to our Conservation Policy Committee, who continue to follow this issue.

Cheers,

Dick Preston
President
TOS