[TN-Bird] Am. Tree Sparrow photos

  • From: Bill Pulliam <littlezz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-birds Listserv <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 20:43:10 -0600

The American Tree Sparrow that I found at my place in Lewis County earlier today (2/23/2015) was in the same spot this afternoon, and I got a couple of not great photos (point-and-shoot super zoom through windshield of truck). The first one shows the bill and face reasonably well, and the second shows the pale fringing on the outer tail feathers that I have found to often be more conspicuous on Tree Sparrows than on Fields Sparrows, and can sometimes help a bit at picking a Tree out of a Spizella flock. Not even close to diagnostic, though.

Bill Pulliam
Hohenwald TN

JPEG image

JPEG image