[tmp] Re: phone coverage

  • From: Laz <lazmesa6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 13:26:16 -0500

Hi neena,

I don't see what the age of the phone has to do with coverage, but we
carry the iPhone 5s which is last year's model and a few Android
models from last year as well. As I have said several times, coverage
has to do with the provider and not necessarily the phone as long as
the phone is a decent phone. It depends on your physical location when
you use your phone and whether or not your provider has coverage in
that particular geographical area.

Just to give you some pertinent information related to age of phone
versus coverage, we carry the Samsung Haven for use with Verizon, Page
Plus, or TracFone here in the US and it gets great coverage, yet it
happens to be about 5 years old. Does it work everywhere? No, we've
had folks who couldn't use it because the Verizon towers didn't cover
their very small towns and by that I mean having a population of less
than 1000 which didn't happen to be in the 95% of the country that the
Verizon towers reach. Coverage depends on the provider's ability to
cover any given geographical area in which the user is attempting to
use their phone whether it's brand new or not.

Here in the US, people use the company which provides the best
coverage for their geographical area. Normally they won't switch to
another company because the coverage wouldn't be as good, so they
stick to the company they have found to work best in their area.

I hope that clears it up for you.

Laz