[tmp] Re: phones / cell

  • From: Laz <lazmesa6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 13:35:32 -0500

Hi Neena,

It sounds like you need to contact Bell Canada's accessibility
department and find out from them if they have an accessible flip
phone, one with spoken feedback.

Blind folks fall somewhere in the range of between "never gonna use
one" and taking to it like a duck to water. I have spoken with many
folks on the subject and either they decide to try it or they don't.
There is a learning curve and it might take some time to become
comfortable with it; that all depends on where you fall in the
above-mentioned range. It seems to be impossible for some, while to
others it's not an issue and they use touch screen phones.

HTH,

Laz