[tipsdiscussion] [Fwd: Fw: ARLX003 Annual Armed Forces Day Crossband Test to Be Conducted May 10]

  • From: John N1IWT <n1iwt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 14:10:34 -0400

SB SPCL @ ARL $ARLX003
> [...]
 > Communications Test in celebration of the 58th anniversary of Armed
 > Forces Day (AFD). Although the actual Armed Forces Day is celebrated
 > on the third Saturday in May -- May 17 in 2008 -- the AFD
 > Military/Amateur Crossband Communications Test will be conducted on
 > May 10 to prevent conflict with the Dayton Hamvention, scheduled
 > for May 16-18.
 >
 > The annual celebration features traditional military to amateur
 > crossband communications SSB voice tests and copying the Secretary
 > of Defense message via digital modes. These tests give Amateur Radio
 > operators and short wave listeners an opportunity to demonstrate
 > their individual technical skills and to receive recognition from
 > the Secretary of Defense and/or the appropriate military radio
 > station for their proven expertise. QSL cards will be provided to
 > those stations making contact with the military stations. Special
 > commemorative certificates will be awarded to anyone who receives
 > and copies the digital Armed Forces Day message from the Secretary
 > of Defense.
 >
 > Military-to-Amateur crossband operations will take place on the
 > dates and time in UTC on the frequencies listed for each station on
 > the Army MARS Web site.  Voice contacts will include operations in
 > single sideband voice (SSB). Some stations, depending on propagation
 > and manning, may not operate the entire period. Participating
 > military stations will transmit on selected Military MARS
 > frequencies and listen for Amateur Radio stations in the Amateur
 > bands. The military station operator will announce the specific
 > amateur band frequency being monitored. Duration of each voice
 > contact should be limited to 1-2 minutes.
 >
 > The schedules and frequencies of participating military stations are
 > published on the Army MARS Web site,
 > http://www.netcom.army.mil/MARS, with the exception of the following
 > changes and additions:
 >
 > STATION: AAZ (HQ Army MARS Gateway, Fort Huachuca, Arizona)
 > Frequency   Mode        Date/Time
 > 6988.0 kHz  RTTY        11 May 0110Z
 >             PACTOR FEC  11 May 0130Z
 >             MT63        11 May 0220Z
 >             PSK-31      11 May 0250Z
 >
 > 14402.0 kHz RTTY        11 May 0110Z
 >             PACTOR FEC  11 May 0130Z
 >             MT63        11 May 0220Z
 >             PSK-31      11 May 0250Z
 >
 > STATION: WAR (Pentagon ARC/MARS Station, Arlington, Virginia)
 > Frequency   Mode       Date/Time
 > 6988.0 kHz  RTTY       10 May 1700Z
 >             RTTY       10 May 2300Z
 >             MT63       10 May 1715Z
 >             MT63       10 May 2315Z
 >
 > 14440.0 kHz PACTOR FEC 10 May 1730Z
 >             PACTOR FEC 10 May 2330Z
 >             Olivia     10 May 1745Z
 >             Olivia     10 May 2345Z
 >
 > Stations copying the Secretary of Defense message transmitted from
 > AAZ/WAR should send their entries to Armed Forces Day Celebration,
 > Commander NETCOM/9th ASC, Attn: NETC-OPE-MA (MARS) (31), Fort

-- File: Fw: ARLX003 Annual Armed Forces Day Crossband Test to Be Conducted May
10.eml

From: "Anne, K1STM" <k1stm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <n1iwt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Fw: ARLX003 Annual Armed Forces Day Crossband Test to Be Conducted May
10
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 17:11:20 -0500

--=======AVGMAIL-482338B00000=======

> [...]
>             PACTOR FEC  11 May 0130Z
>             MT63        11 May 0220Z
>             PSK-31      11 May 0250Z
>
> 14402.0 kHz RTTY        11 May 0110Z
>             PACTOR FEC  11 May 0130Z
>             MT63        11 May 0220Z
>             PSK-31      11 May 0250Z
>
> STATION: WAR (Pentagon ARC/MARS Station, Arlington, Virginia)
> Frequency   Mode       Date/Time
> 6988.0 kHz  RTTY       10 May 1700Z
>             RTTY       10 May 2300Z
>             MT63       10 May 1715Z
>             MT63       10 May 2315Z
>
> 14440.0 kHz PACTOR FEC 10 May 1730Z
>             PACTOR FEC 10 May 2330Z
>             Olivia     10 May 1745Z
>             Olivia     10 May 2345Z
>
> Stations copying the Secretary of Defense message transmitted from
> AAZ/WAR should send their entries to Armed Forces Day Celebration,
> Commander NETCOM/9th ASC, Attn: NETC-OPE-MA (MARS) (31), Fort

--=======AVGMAIL-482338B00000=======--

-- Desc: "AVG certification"

Checked by AVG.
PM

TIPSdiscussion welcomes messages from members please POST at:
tipsdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Our Info Page and Web Portal (the easy way to get to your acct)
www.freelists.org/list/tipsdiscussion

Subscribe to the list send a blank email with SUBSCRIBE in the subject field:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Unsubscribe by sending a blank email with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject to:
tipsdiscussion-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx